Effective Date: February, 2022
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Cox Cleantech (“Cox Cleantech“), a website owned and operated by Cox Enterprises, Inc. for the purpose of educating companies about our commitment to invest/partner in the clean technology space. We respect your privacy when you use our website, CoxCleantech.com (the “Site“).
You can click on the following links to navigate to the different sections in this Notice.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
When you use the Site, we, or Service Providers acting on our behalf, may collect your Personally Identifiable Information (defined herein). This generally happens in one of three ways—you provide us with information, we collect information through automated methods, or we collect information from other sources. There are some situations in which it is necessary for us to collect your Personally Identifiable Information in order to provide a service to you or to meet legal requirements.
A. Information About You that You Provide.
You may share certain information when you interact with the Cox Cleantech and/or its Service Providers (defined below). For example, Cox Cleantech collects information when you use the Site, participate in promotional activities, provide feedback, or request information from or communicate with Cox Cleantech. We may also ask for your information for special reasons, such as for research or in surveys. In addition, when you interact with Third-Party Services (defined below), you may be able to provide information to those third parties. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices see Section 4. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices see Section 3.
B. Information Automatically Collected.
When you use the Site, our technology, or that of our Service Providers and/or Third-Party Services, Cox Cleantech has the ability to automatically collect certain types of information about you (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Site, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of Cox Cleantech with Cox Cleantech-Collected PII, Cox Cleantech does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be PII or Cox Cleantech-Collected PII. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices see Section 4. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices see Section 3. For information on choices some of these third parties may offer you regarding automated data collection see Section 9.
The methods that may be used on the Site to collect Usage Information include:
- Internet usage information: Internet usage information is data about your use of the Site, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device identifiers, device advertising identifiers, mobile network, operating system details, date/time stamps, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, anonymous traffic data, pages viewed, browsing history, search history, information regarding interactions with our website or advertisements, and related data.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, Web Beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), Embedded Scripts, Location-Identifying Technologies, Device Recognition Technologies, Recording and Tracking Interactions and Usage, and other tracking technologies currently in use or to be developed in the future (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Site or e-mails, including information about your browsing behavior.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device for record-keeping purposes. Cookie types that are used on the Site include session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Site and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Site and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features, and functionalities of the Site may not work. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings will not control them. The Site may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Cox Cleantech’s web server, or from a third party with which Cox Cleantech works and is active only while you are connected to the Site and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, geo-targeting, geo-fencing, and other location-aware technologies locate you (sometimes precisely), or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location. If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Site, your device location may be tracked by us and third parties. The “find all locations” feature offered within our Site, for example, may access and use information about your device location (such as based on IP address or GPS, as applicable). Additionally, some of the Site use information you enter to offer location-based recommendations and the Site’ content may be personalized based on various information we may have about you to try to provide you with more location-relevant content.
- Device Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household) (“Cross-device Data”).
- Recording and Tracking Interactions and Usage. Technologies that monitor, and may record, certain of your interactions with the Site and/or collect and analyze information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes such as identification, security, fraud prevention, troubleshooting, tracking and/or improving the Site and customizing or optimizing your experience on the Site.
Some information about your use of the Site and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by Cox Cleantech and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Site and certain third–party services. See Section 9 regarding certain choices regarding these activities. Cox Cleantech is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 9 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
C. Information Cox Cleantech Collects from Other Sources.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN.
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Site;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- Notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer;
- Enable you to interact with us and others through various means;
- Transact with you, provide services or information you request, deliver content, respond to your comments, questions and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- marketing and other purposes;
- Improve the Site and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide PII or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so;
- Determine your location and manage digital content rights (e.g., territory restrictions);
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- Contact you via telephone or text. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES.
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 9.C, we may use your PII to send you marketing communications. Cox Cleantech will not share your Cox Cleantech-Collected PII with third parties, other than Affiliates, for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 4 (Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Site may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your PI with third parties and by engaging in these activities you consent to the collection of your data by such third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not Cox Cleantech.
- Cox Cleantech’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other Service Providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to, your information, including, without limitation, PII, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Cox Cleantech’s behalf. Cox Cleantech does not authorize its Service Providers to use Cox Cleantech-Collected PII to send you direct marketing messages, other than related to Cox Cleantech, absent your consent. For more information on choices Service Providers may offer you, see Section 9;
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and, where permitted, in response to a government request; and
In addition, Cox Cleantech may share your Cox Cleantech-Collected PII (as well as your other PII and your non-PII), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Cox Cleantech assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Cox Cleantech’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).
4. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS.
The Site may include hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third–Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit PII from you.
5. DATA SECURITY AND MONITORING.
Cox Cleantech takes reasonable measures to protect Cox Cleantech-Collected PII (excluding public UGC) from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and Cox Cleantech does not guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
Cox Cleantech is based in the United States and the information Cox Cleantech and its Service Providers collect from Site users is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing the Site from outside of the United States, please be aware that information collected through the Site may be transferred to, processed in, and stored in the United States. Data protection laws in the United States likely differ from those of your country of residence.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
The Site is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age and we do not knowingly sell the personal information of Consumers we know are under 16. Cox Cleantech does not intend to collect “personal information” as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personally Identifiable Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are under 13, do not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to us. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personally Identifiable Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA. If you believe your child may have provided us with their Personally Identifiable Information, you can contact us at CoxCleantechprivacy@coxinc.com and we will delete their Personally Identifiable Information to the extent required by law.
8. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
Cox Cleantech may allow you to delete, correct, or update some Cox Cleantech-Collected PII, and potentially certain other information about you by contacting us. Cox Cleantech will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in Cox Cleantech’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information from Cox Cleantech’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
9. CHOICES: TRACKING AND COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS.
A. Tracking Technology Generally
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to HTML 5 cookies or other Tracking Technologies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Site may not work and that when you revisit the Site your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, Cox Cleantech currently does not alter Cox Cleantech’s practices when Cox Cleantech receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but Cox Cleantech is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information.
Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on a website is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the websites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. Cox Cleantech is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third-party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section. We may offer tools in connection with the Site that allow you to exercise certain preferences regarding cookies and other Tracking Technologies associated with the Site.
B. Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails) from Cox Cleantech at any time by, for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other communications may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, Cox Cleantech may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about transactions, servicing, Cox Cleantech’s ongoing business relations, or communications related to administrative notices or any communications relevant to your use of the Site, including communications in the event of a data security event.
D. Cross-Device Data.
To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Cross-device data for Online Interest-based Advertising, see the prior section regarding the DAA’s Online Interest-based Advertising choices.
E. California Residents.
At this time, Cox Cleantech does not have “established business relationships” with “customers” as those terms are defined in California’s “Shine the Light” law. California residents may contact us for further information regarding our privacy practices or their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act by emailing CoxCleantechprivacy@coxinc.com.
F. Nevada Residents.
Although we do not “sell” “covered information” of Nevada “consumers” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, you may contact us at CoxCleantechprivacy@coxinc.com and register for us to provide you notice in the event we change our practices in the future. If we do, you will have an opportunity to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights. Changing your email elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada contact information.
11. CONTACT COX CLEANTECH.
6205-A Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
© 2022 Cox Cleantech, owned and operated by Cox Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved